Policy Laboratory 2
The second MIN-GUIDE Policy Laboratory entitled “Innovations and Supporting Policies for Mineral Exploration and Extraction” aims to provide an overview of and reflect upon innovation examples in exploration and extraction, including deep-sea mining, and how they link to Policy in the EU Member States. The workshop took place on 21-22 March 2017 in Leoben, Austria.
- MIN-GUIDE project overview and objectives of the Policy Laboratory, Andreas Endl, Vienna University of Economics and Business
- The EU’s Raw Materials and Minerals Policy Framework, Anne Auffret and Rodrigo Chanes Vicente, European Commission, DG GROW - Unit C2 - Resource Efficiency and Raw Materials
- Main challenges and drivers for industry in exploration and extraction in practice: the industry perspective, Thomas Drnek, Euromines
- Addressing raw material exploration and extraction challenges: policy responses in Europe, Peter Moser, Montanuniversitaet Leoben
- Stock-taking on innovation in exploration and extraction, incl. enabling policies and good practice cases, Michael Tost (Montanuniversitaet Leoben) and Roberto Tomasi (GOPA Com.)
- Good practice cases on innovation for minerals exploration and extraction: content of the 3 Policy Laboratories, Michael Tost, Montanuniversitaet Leoben
- Implementation of geo-models and data management at Hellas Gold for resource development, Panagiotis Zachariadis, Hellas Gold S.A.
- Innovations in Airborne Exploration Geophysics, Benedikt Steiner, xplORE.global
- Drones, Ari Saartenoja, Radai Oy
- Extraction process control & (Big) Data Management, Markus Hӓupl, STRABAG S.E.
- Blue Mining Project: Innovation in deep sea mining, Robert van de Ketterij, Blue Mining project
- "New challenges for the Azorean deep-sea ecosystems" Potential mining impacts, Ana Colaço, MIDAS project
- Underwater exploration and mining, the UNEXMIN project, Norbert Zajzon, UNEXMIN project
- Extraction - Results of the workshop, Darko Vrkljan, University of Zagreb
- Deep Sea Mining – Results of the workshop, Luís Pinheiro, University of Aveiro
- Needs and gaps in policies for innovations in extraction in Europe, Martin Erich Lang, Consultant Engineer
- Deep sea - Needs and gaps in policies for innovation in exploration and extraction in Europe, Paul Lusty, British Geological Survey